April Fools 2006
Revision as of 17:14, 11 December 2008 by Dreamwalker
- The GameFAQs homepage had a joke image of the site being banned for allowing people to cheat on video games. It is a spoof of the MPAAs anti-piracy catchphrase, "You Can Click, But You Can't Hide".
- The Poll of the Day was changed to a list of fads, and had the title "?." It featured the following fads:
- On The Daily Grind, CJayC posted Admiral Ackbar with the phrase IT BEGINS!!!1! which led several users to mark him for disruptive posting.
- The letter E was banned on LUE, and a topic entitled CJayC is our God (proof inside) was stickied for a short while. There was also an unmarked ASCII topic in which hundreds of users posted LUEshis, including Sailor Bacon and RaptorLC.
- A few topics on Random Insanity were stickied, but were un-stickied a few seconds afterwards.
- Message Board Help turned into a joke help board for a short while, which led to an all-out social board. This stopped after Zhuge Liang created a topic titled Okay, folks. It was fun, yes. But back to business as usual for MBH. This topic was later stickied. The whole incident was started when Zhuge Liang and Kaas posted joke help topics on the board. Kaas posted a topic titled Where did the search button go? and Zhuge Liang made a topic asking about meta-mod.
- CJayC announced that there are three new special boards. They were Snakes on a Plane, Manos: The Hands of Fate, and The Goggles, They Do Nothing.
- GameSpot included a featured preview of a fake new game called World of Starcraft, which fooled many users.
- A fake list of the Top Ten Final Fantasy Games of All Time was also compiled, with Dragon Warrior for NES at #1. In addition, the site ran a fake news story about a new ESRB rating, A-ss.
- A zero post topic created by sbritton was posted in by RockMFR. Due to the system believing RockMFR created the topic, he was able to edit it at will. The topic title was changed to CJayC is a lamer. In turn, a link to the board list was given to CJayC, as it appeared sbritton had insulted him.