Darkside Legion was a spinoff forum created in February, 2003, which served as a home for the infamous KoS Krew that terrorized GameFAQs throughout the site's existence.
Darkside Legion Prototype
Darkside Legion was originally created in February 2003 by rancid milk, domained owned by EvilPrimate, and coded by Game555. rancid milk and EP were administrators. The userbase consisted of a number of KoS users, Outboards refugees, and WWEGSB regulars [as EP was a reg there]. Because Game555 and BigRedMachine were universally hated by WWEGSB, chaos ensued and this board did not last very long. SweetPimp and Jeff Hardly were the only 2 moderators selected.
Darkside Legion Take Two
Again, rancid milk formed Darkside Legion with EvilPrimate still hosting. This time he would have Jay doing the coding of the board making it much better than Game555 previously did. All three of them shared adminship. Enforcer [Veteran Moderator] was audio vicious and moderators were BigRedMachine, SweetPimp, and FBI Porker. This board lasted longer than the previous attempt, but still came up empty due to animosity between the direction of the spinoff. WWEGSB users catered by EP saw Darkside Legion as a spinoff board solely for them while rancid milk and the usual spinoff clique saw Darkside Legion as a pure refuge for malicious activities. It was not until the third Darkside Legion where it would be known as the most infamous spinoff created to date.
Darkside Legion's Prime
rancid milk (60)
FBI Porker (50)
Fed up with EvilPrimate's constant failures and spamming of worthless boards, rancid milk went through the old Darkside Legion databases and hacked multiple accounts giving them up primarily to Game555 and LAF. This completely expunged the entire presence of the WWEGSB from Darkside Legion. During this time period rancid milk was a known KoS, but he had the HHH RULES account which was over 800 karma and therefore could not be suspended quite easily, therefore he did not feel the need to take risks by accessing hacked accounts so he simply just hacked and gave them up to anyone who wanted them. rancid milk was the sole administrator of Darkside Legion, demoting the web owner, EvilPrimate, to a useless VIP level status.
During this era, Darkside Legion began to boom. Every single user on the board put aside their petty social differences and the spinoff moved beyond a social forum to a pure malicious thinktank. It was a literal breeding ground of plotting and working together to wreck absolute havoc on everyone. The KoS Krew was born here. rancid milk would oversee everything going on Darkside Legion and protect and encourage his userbase to his full capicity. Darkside Legion was responsible for the hacking of over 200 seperate accounts in a 3 week period. Security was enabled directly because of this incident and Darkside Legion became a banned word. Discussion of Darkside Legion led to an auto-moderation everytime.
More and more people joined Darkside Legion and it would average 60 different users active at one time, which was very impressive for a mere spinoff at the time. Anyone who was a KoS was held in high regard and this prompted many to make suicide posts just to get that badge of honor such as shoooter, for example. But, this was looked down upon by the KoS Krew as anyone could make a suicide post and get KoS. As Darkside Legion was getting bigger, so were the incidents. Password lists were a common topic and eventually moderators began to take notice. A moderator ,WrestlingRPGfan, registered the account "Kurt Angle" on Darkside Legion for spying activities, but Darkside Legion was a step ahead. KoS user duckduckduck hacked GalFord's moderator account and saw/sourced a topic on Mod Discussion about the Kurt Angle account and told DSL. rancid milk copied every moderator's IP of the account and then immediately banned it. The GalFord hacking saw Darkside Legion being the topic of discussion for the entire page 1 of Mod Discussion. Darkside Legion was cemented as the most infamous spinoff of all-time.
After the GalFord incident, CJayC immediately contacted EvilPrimate and rancid milk. rancid milk logged both conversations which basically said that he mailed CNET's legal team to shut Darkside Legion down for good. EvilPrimate, being the owner of the domain, wanted no trouble and went along while rancid milk the true leader of Darkside Legion would not see his glorious board shut down at its peak. EvilPrimate went into the database and said he was "retaking" DSL from rancid milk and bringing it back for the WWEGSB.
Immediately, rancid milk broke into EvilPrimate's AIM and hacked back into the database and locking EP out of his own website and AIM. EvilPrimate proceeded to call up the hosting company to pull the plug, but rancid milk was continuning to run Darkside Legion. Darkside Legion continued its black hat ways and began a massive hacking on GameFAQs which would directly cause security to be enabled on all accounts with a message on the front page of the boards to Darkside Legion. CJayC stopped calling ISPs as a punishment at this point on and proceeded with legal action against Darkside Legion members. rancid milk's 2nd in command, BigRedMachine, emailed CJayC about this incident because he did not want to be implicated and in the process implicated the userbase he was supposed to protect as the highest ranking moderator on the website. This came to be known as the infamous ratting incident. rancid milk was furious and immediately demoted BigRedMachine and the boards began decaying and eventually fell when EvilPrimate's hosting company dropped the site.
Darkside Legion KoS Krew Roster
- rancid milk: Started the faction known as KoS Krew and administered its userbase. Oversaw everything and was responsible for networking many previously unknown KoS users to work together.
- BigRedMachine: Notorious hacker who organized and hacked a few mods in his day. Loves databases a lot.
- LOL ANIME FANBOYS: During Darkside Legion's reign he was the one who hacked into Scum and got it banned. Loves Batty a lot.
- XThe UnknownX: Master of social engineer, trolling, went on a spree with about 20 elite's accounts on CE resulting in massive amounts of bans must to the dismay of Current Event users everywhere for "wasting precious karma accounts".
- Executioner: His infamous CJayC69 account alone got more than 50 users. Eventually ISP was called during Darkside Legion and he remains unheard of now.
- Game555: Leeched off databases provided by rancid milk and used them to attack WWEGSB to no end. Often the target of ridicule by other KoS Krew core members.
- troahbarton: Impossible to offline because he worked at his own ISP. Frequently hacked and trolled with rancid milk.
- TRC: Unique KoS who mantained a good relationship with moderators and KoS. Worked with XThe UnknownX to steal cookies from XThe UnknownX's FTP. This caused XThe UnknownX's IP to be a banned word on GameFAQs during Darkside Legion.
- Magus Machine: Gave General Crap a keylogger, which was used to break into Bastard Knight's account. Also gained quite a bit of respect on DL when he hacked into a database and used it to hijack hundreds of accounts on GameFAQs.
- Mayor McToilet: Well known troll who worked with KittenKlawz on various invasions. However, he could work alone just as well with his numerous rampages and hackings. Was known for his misogyny.
- duckduckduck: Hacked a moderator at the peak of Darkside Legion's reign providing proof of moderator's fears over DSL in the Mod Discussion board.
- shoooter: Social engineering every once in a while and went on rampages throughout the boards. Also a notable troll whose topics constantly reached over 100 posts. Was at one time on good terms with core members until his immaturity and lack of care eventually led them all to hate him.
- PregnantPickle: Often just flooded and attacked boards, not much.
- KittenKlawz: Observer to plots, but not one to act out. Associate of Mayor McToilet.
- iamhddnsmwhr: Non-notable troll, capable of social engineering. Rampager with stolen accounts.
- Immortal Ace: Usually just socially engineered or rampaged with stolen accounts much like IHSW, but with less personality.
- General Crap/Zappy Flappy: Assisted duckduckduck with the GalFord incidents. Also broke into Bastard Knight's account.
- Mazter ace: Did not do much during the time of DSL, just an ally from the earlier KOS days on the Outboards.
- Juvenile: Another rampager. Had his AOL hacked during his first conversation with rancid milk. rancid milk said this was his way of saying "Hello" and immediately gave it back to Juvenile.