|Entry Requirements||Invite Only|
Being a private board, Hacked has a closely-knit community. Excluding LUE, it once had the largest user base of the private boards. In its early months, it contained almost no trolling and was a board where users felt they could ask serious and personal questions without worry - unlike on Current Events and Random Insanity.
Hacked was sometimes criticized for having accepted far too many users for a private board, which caused the usual problems associated with big social boards, especially in terms of content, to have become somewhat visible again. This included trolling, and an increase in fad topics.
- Hacked was created a few months after the original private boards as a reward for Steve when he found, and reported, a major security exploit allowing him to gain unauthorized access to others' accounts.
- When Hacked re-opened at a later date, Steve made an invitations topic on Current Events stating to "post if you want to gain access to Hacked."
- On October 16, 2005, Steve made a topic on the Antarctic Story board stating that invitations to Hacked were closed. The only way to get access to it now would be to register at his site and send him a personal message.
- On October 20th, 2005, Hackman, Hacked's ASCII mascot, was created by mantastorm and improved upon by various users throughout the course of the day.
- On November 18th, 2005, approximately 1,940 GameFAQs users had access to Hacked.
- On April 4, 2006, an updated list of Hacked members was posted by headbanger, now only containing 441 users.
- On October 16, 2005, Steve made a topic stating that invitations to the board had been closed. At the time, the only way to join the Hacked community was to join Steve's The Gamer Database and Private Message him for an invite.
- On March 14th, 2006, Steve purged the Hacked User Database of over 1500 inactive users who had not posted for some time. This actually resulted in an increased post count of both lurkers and regulars, as they feared being purged from the user list for inactivity themselves.
- On December 20, 2006, Steve opened up an administrative portal to allow Hacked users to invite people they felt would be good members. This invite system was still in testing into 2007.
- In October 2008, Eagle was appointed co-admin after the board remained without any active administrators for about three years. Soon after, monthly invitations were reopened.
Steve Email Impersonation
A while back, Steve asked people to give him their e-mail address to test the Gamer Database. A user by the name of Squall then impersonated Steve and sent users a link that took them to an ASCII Goatse image, then numerous offensive images would pop up, such as The Unholy Trinity, The Pains, etc. The browser would also move around the screen to make it impossible to close. Many users got mad at Steve for this, but Steve revealed the culprit and gained his respect back. However, when munchkip changed his public e-mail address, he recieved another e-mail from Squall which Squall denied sending.
Poll Of The Day
The "Poll Of The Day" is the longest running series of topics on Hacked. It has been run by TranceKujaFF9 and sometimes vegetarian_onos since October 19th 2005. It is usually a Yes or No question, but sometimes the questions are much stranger.
A Customer Draws Near!
This is a saga written by BTB which quickly grew in popularity. Inside, hilarious stories are told of battles between The Supportinator (BTB) and customers calling tech support. They are all told as if they are participating in a game of Dungeons and Dragons, with a Dungeon Master describing what is going on and a player stating the actions (s)he wishes to perform.
G0nzilla and the Admin's Stone
Written by digiNC, this is a parody of the "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone" starring the user "g0nzilla," now under "space g0nz." Various other popular Hackers are also included in the story.
G0nzilla and the Karma Factory
This is a parody of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," also starring g0nzilla. The story was written by Freddie the Teddie, another Hacker.
The Theatre Story
The user cool boy mew once made a topic about something idiotic that his friend did, ending with the line "And you'll never guess what he did at the theater..." Naturally, this made many users curious as to exactly what his friend did at the theater. After waiting for weeks, they were upset at cool boy mew for not posting the story. Various topics were even made pleading for the story to be posted. Finally, cool boy mew made a topic and posted the long-awaited story. The reaction was one of overwhelming disappointment. As stated by linkpwnsall24, "This thing had more hype than halo 2, and disappointed ALMOST as many people."
Captain GameFAQs & the Forum-eers
This song (written by Crank Yanker 606) is a modified version of the Captain Planet theme song. To keep rhythm with the tune, it should be noted that "GameFAQs" is pronounced "Game-Fax" in the song - even though this is the proper pronunciation according to SBAllen anyway.
With your pwnage combined I am Captain GameFAQs!
Captain GameFAQs, he's our hero,
Gonna take the Trolling down to zero,
He's our PWNage magnified,
And he's fighting on the admin's side
Captain GameFAQs, he's our hero,
Gonna take the Trolling down to zero,
Gonna help him moderate,
Bad trolls who like to flame and hate
Gavirulax: "You'll pay for this Captain GameFAQs!"
We're the forum-eers,
You can be one too!
Cause marking messages is the thing to do,
Flaming and Trolling is not the way,
Hear what Captain GameFAQs has to say:
"THE PWNAGE IS YOURS!!"
Fresh Prince of Hacked
This song (written by Elnsarivus) is a play on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song, an ongoing joke and borderline fad of Hacked. The song's lyrics are:
Now this is a story all about how
GameFAQs got flip turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right back
I'll tell you how I became the fresh prince of a board called Hacked
In Random Insanity, born and raised
Social topics were where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, relaxing, and chatting was cool
And picking on the n00bs, damn they got schooled
When a couple of trolls who were up to no good
Came and started flaming in my neighborhood
I got in one flame war and Steve got scared
He said, "I'm taking you to Hacked 'cause all the 1337 d00dz go there."
I whistled for the fap-fap train and when it came near
The side of it said "Fap" and also "Jesus was here"
If anything I thought that this train was wack
But I thought, "Nah, forget it. Onward to Hacked!"
I pulled up to a board beginning with 8
And I yelled to Ceejus, "Yo home, smell you later."
I looked 'round the board and saw nothing it lacked
So now I sit on my throne, as the fresh prince of Hacked
Chat820 is the official Hacked AIM chat. Originally made by Maximicus & Squall, this chat has undergone many tough times, but it still endures. It is for the most talkative Hackers, with some regulars being Slifer Alpha, Starwars4J, mdholland, morrisano, g0nz, dotsdfe, KensaiBlade, and Kratos_42. The chat is rather empty nowadays unless a topic on Hacked calls for members to gather there, or someone invites a large number of users at once.
- Hacked at GameFAQs
- Hacked Poll of the Day Archives
- Ya Rly Lite
- Yay or Nay Results
- Last.fm Group Page
- SteamCommunity Group Page
|Mostly Harmless | SEW | 812 | Unnatural Selection | SSK | House of Lies | #showarr | 817 | KGB | No, You Can't Have It | Hacked | Bunny! | Second Foundation | Restaurant at the End of the Universe | Noblesse Oblige | ! | G. Other | The Pond | Soundcheck | Hardcore | That Famous Feeling | That's What She Said | Paranormal, Cryptozoology, and the Creepy | Working Title | Games-N'-Things | LifeFAQs | LGBT | Board G | KHAQ | Inconceivable! | Kotetsu's Vault | Funky Town | mammerjammer | A Private Board | bears are nice|