|Entry Requirements||Level 15|
Random Insanity (RI) is one of the most popular social boards on GameFAQs. When RI first started, it was mostly made up of RPGs and the odd social topics. After the excLUEsion, however, it seemed that RI (as well as Current Events, to some extent) became a haven for all those former LUEsers who had gotten locked out of LUE. RI has never reached LUE's level of infamy, and though there have been times when privatizing the board have been suggested by annoyed users, there has never been any admin intention to do so (at least, not that they've told us about).
RI has fad storms about once every day, where almost every topic posted will be turned into a fad. Needless to say, if you want to be a hardcore RIer, your moderation history will not be clean for long. This is true, as most RIers admit it.
Despite what some people say about the conditions at RI getting worse and worse by the day (often deeming it "Random Stupidity"), there are still dedicated vets who've been frequenting the board since they joined GameFAQs.
Because of a server change, the purge was not working for any board for approximately 3 days. Because of this, Random Insanity was able to push their post count to over 100,000 on May 2nd, 2006 at 9:33PM (GMT-5). Random Insanity topped out at close to 120,000 messages before there was a giant purge that dropped Random Insanity to close to 35,000 posts.
- On April Fool's Day 2006, several topics were stickied, but quickly unstickied.
- On May 28, 2006, Math Murderer stickied a topic titled "ATTN: MathMurderer" for a few minutes.
- On May 29, 2006, Math Murderer accidentally stickied a fake suicide topic, instead of deleting it. He realized his mistake after a few minutes and deleted the topic. [Screenshot of fake suicide sticky]
- On August 16, 2006, a topic entitled "lol @ CjayC" was stickied for a very short time.
- On February 12, 2007, a topic entitled "Math Murderer will NOT post in this topic" was stickied briefly.
- On April Fool's Day 2007, [SineNomine] "performed surgery" on RI; stickying over 20 topics for a brief period of time. 
Random Insanity Alliance
- Main article: Random Insanity Alliance
Random Insanity Alliance (RIA) is an alliance created by RIers in the nation simulator game Cyber Nations. A moving rickroll page created by one of their members in July 2007 led to the banning of a word and an announcement from SBAllen regarding "malicious URLs".
Random Insanity Online
- Main article: Random Insanity Online
Random Insanity Online (RIO) is a fan-made message board created as a tribute to Random Insanity.