|Entry Requirements||Level 31|
The Veterans Board is one of the many level-accessible social boards on GameFAQs. It is only accessible to those who have at least 150 Karma.
There are a good number of regulars at the Veterans Board. In addition, many regulars from the Legends board will occasionally drop by. Most of the topics center around RPs or duels and random life topics, as well as occasional games and topic series. The majority of the regulars despise Karma topics, and have a tendency to get angry at those who make them.
The Veterans Government is probably unique among the boards. Every so often, the users register to vote on a President, Vice President, and Parliament. Several other positions exist as well, most often appointed by the President. In addition, there is also the title of Emperor, whose powers are difficult to outline. The government is considered by most regulars to be something of a board-wide RP.
The Government is occasionally the subject of heated debate, often centered around the seriousness of the government itself. Some users feel that it is taken too far, and that the powers that are supposed to be for show are abused. Others counter that no one in the government has any real power, and that the users who complain about it are taking things too seriously. The matter usually goes away quickly, only to resurface at times of tension.
Every now and then, a war happens on the Veterans Board. This is another RP, one where there will often be a large number of users participating at once. For this reason, it can be confusing to understand at times. Like the government, wars are often not taken too seriously outside of the war topics.
Last Letter First
An occasional series where the next poster must post a word that starts with the last letter of the last poster's word. Often seen on other boards as well.
A running series that asks users to post the first word that they think of when they see the last poster's word. Currently on its 27th Edition.
A game series started by Bill Gates Son and currently being managed by blindsensei. Each day, people vote on their favorite veteran out of the two in that round. The winner goes on to the next round. There are 32 users in each tournament. Episode VI ended recently.
PAV Winners/Retired Veterans
- Master Trainer - "Pick A Veteran Episode I" Champion/Blue Division Winner
- Vakarro - "Pick A Veteran Episode II" Champion/Red Division Winner
- Genesis Dragon - "Pick A Veteran Episode III" Champion/Red Division Winner
- samonkeyuk - "Pick A Veteran Episode IV" Champion/Blue Division Winner
- TEW - "Pick A Veteran Episode V" Champion/Red Division Winner
- Booboo - "Pick A Veteran Episode VI" Champion/Blue Division Winner
Pick A Veteran Runner-ups/Division Winners
- barreldragon3000 - "Pick A Veteran Episode I" Runner-up/Red Division Winner
- Kimmycat - "Pick A Veteran Episode II" Runner-up/Blue Division Winner
- Corbow6 - "Pick A Veteran Episode III" Runner-up/Blue Division Winner
- blindsensei - "Pick A Veteran Episode IV" Runner-up/Red Division Winner
- Destructo - "Pick a Veteran Episode V" Runner up/Blue Divisioin winner
- Lady Murasaki - "Pick A Veteran Episode VI" Runner-up/Red Division Winner
Blindsensei's User Series
A series of topics run by Blindsensei. Generally involves him giving his own view of a user, whether it be quotes, a profile, a mental image, or whatever will come next. These topics are quite popular.
Sunnie V's Funhouse
A random social topic hosted by Sunnie V, aka Lady Morgana or Lady V. Just a random social topic where users can talk about whatever they want. Currently on its 31st incarnation.
A speech usually posted in a topic created by a new Veteran was originally written by Corbow6 around the end of the Summer of 2005. The Speech, as it was dubbed by the regular user was a means to help new Veterans discover a bit about what the board contained, and how it proceeded in its daily routine. Corbow6 responds that he created "The" Speech because he was tired of the new Veterans asking the same questions in every welcoming topic. During the addition of stickies to the board, the speech was looked to get a sticky along with a general welcoming and FAQ topic for new Vets, but talk of a sticky died down after it was pointed out that the board could not have the "rules" stickied. "The" Speech has been through somewhere between 3-4 versions including the editing by Lady Murasaki. "The" Speech is now posted by the Welcoming committee which does include the original writer, but Corbow6 does not usually post it anymore. Atma7777 is currently the official poster of "The" Speech.
- "The" Official Veterans Board Speech
- Hello New Veteran!
- We hope you enjoy your stay here. We have a clean, friendly community that has both Social and Role-playing topics. Vets is also a very diverse community, we have everyone from first day Vets to Ancients. We also have something very unique to GameFAQs - a RP government has been functioning here for years. If you are interested, we have elections every three months.
- Please get involved, be a part of the board and be unique. Pretty much anything goes here...just remember the ToS and try not to annoy others too much. Some are kinda grouchy but most are real nice here!
- Most of the board doesnâ€™t like karma topics. You may do as you wish, but please respect other opinions.
- Please add yourself to our map! http://www.frappr.com/vets
- Ask if you want more information about the government or role-playing or anything.
I sincerely hope Vets will treat you as well as it has treated me.
WELCOME TO VETERANS!
~Written by Corbow, re-edited by Lady Murasaki.
The REAL Speech
A humorous parody of The Speech, often posted in a topic created by a new Veteran. ChiefShootEmUp, a regular at the Legends Board and occasional lord and savior at the Veterans Board, is the primary declarer of this speech.
The Officially Official REAL, not fake, official SpeechÂ©
Hello New Veteran!
We hope you despise your stay here. We have a dirty, hostile community. We hate social topics and Role Playing. For those who don't know what RPing is, figure it out. I'm not your friggin' mommy. I will be more than enraged if you dare ask me to help you, as will the others. They eat small children at all times of the day. You will also see that Vets isn't a very diverse community at all. We have a few first day Vets and mebbe some Ancients. (Please do worry about them, they're crazy and will devour your soul) We also have something very unoriginal on GameFAQs; this board has had a dysfunctional government, that does more harm than good, for mere moments, and we would like you to become active in all that it is. You will be issued your uniform and be administered our "special" procedure.
You may be wondering what this "special" procedure is. When cut down to the basics, it's a rusted spoon used to remove any sort of diversity you may contain within you. Organs and all. Trying to escape is futile, as many of the users here are trained lemmings, who will hunt you down and do as their leader commands.
We have "elections" every two months. These "elections" are our mockery of all forms of democracy. If you would like to know when the next "election" is, or anything about the government, go ask your mother, she knows these things. Anyway, just get in your allocated space (the hole under the stairs), be a part of the board and OBEY YOUR LEADER LIKE THE MINDLESS SHEEP YOU WILL BECOME!!!
- Don't make or post in RP and other useless topics
- Fun is FORBIDDEN!!!
- Be disrespectful
- Get out as soon as you can
- Please stab other people, mebbe it'll take 'em down a peg.
- Any other speech you happen to see is a false speech, note the bold REAL at the top of this one. Also, this speech has been around since 5261 B.C. We didn't have months back then.
- Do not trust people here, they will lie to you based on their own feeble machinations.
- There is no number 8.
I know Vets will treat you as terribly as it has treated me, and all the others that have had the misfortune of passing through.
WELCOME TO VETERANS!
~Written and edited by ChiefShootEmUpÂ©,approved by punkrawkpunk88Â©, and stolen from Corbow6Â©~
A creation of Destructo, a Veterans regular. An oft-under-repair-or-remodeling weapon of mass destruction and reminder to stay on Destructo's good side. Unknown to most members, Destructo stole the original plans for the cannon from the user Juiblex, a frequent poster on the Mad Stalker board. It was originaly a weapon to destroy emo girlfriends worldwide.
|List of User Level Boards|
|LTU | Veterans | Legends | The Elite | Iconia | Idolatry | Ancients | Sacred Realm | The Mushroom Kingdom|